For those of you making the switch from iPhone or Android to BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry has published some documentation in a step-by-step tutorial showing you how to make the transfer to the BlackBerry Z10 device very easy.
Switching from an iPhone to a BlackBerry Z10
Transferring your information from your iPhone to your new BlackBerry ®10 device is simple and straightforward. Just follow the instructions below.
Get your music on your new BlackBerry Z10:
1. Sync your iPhone with iTunes on your computer.
2. and connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your computer with a USB cable.
Ensure you select iTunes as your BlackBerry Link music source.
3. Open BlackBerry Link, navigate to the Music content view, and then drag and drop music from the
Desktop tab to the BlackBerry tab while your BlackBerry Z10 is connected.
Transferring Pictures and Videos
Get your photos and videos on your new BlackBerry Z10:
1. Transfer photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer.
2. Download BlackBerry Link and connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your computer with a USB cable.
Ensure you select iTunes as your BlackBerry Link content source.
3. Open BlackBerry Link and click on the Desktop tab:
• For Windows, navigate to your Pictures and Videos content views and add the folders that store
your imported content.
• For Mac users, BlackBerry Link sources the library content from your iTunes and iPhoto
applications. Ensure your imported content is included in your iPhoto and iTunes libraries.
4. From your Desktop tab, navigate to your Pictures and Videos content view. Drag and drop the
imported content to your BlackBerry tab while your BlackBerry Z10 is connected
Setting Up Email, Calendar, and Contacts
1. On your new BlackBerry 10 device, go to Settings, and click on Accounts.
2. Click Add Account, and enter your email address and password.
3. Your email, calendar, and contact from this account will now start to transfer to your BlackBerry Z10.
** For calendar items and contacts that are stored in your iPhone memory, search for how to synchronize
them with an email account, such as Windows Live™ Hotmail®, Gmail®, or Yahoo!®. When they’ve
synchronized with your email account, add that email account to your BlackBerry Z10 and everything will
Switching from an Android Device (Galaxy, Droid, Nexus, etc.) to a BlackBerry Z10
Transferring information from your Android device to your new BlackBerry® Z10 is simple and straightforward. Just follow the instructions below.
There are two options for transferring the files on your Android device to your new BlackBerry® 10 smartphone.
Option 1: Drag & Drop
For Windows® Users
You can drag and drop files from your Android device to your BlackBerry Z10:
1. Connect both your Android device and your BlackBerry Z10 to your PC.
2. Open Windows®
Explorer by clicking Start > Accessories > Windows Explorer
3. Drag and drop files between the two devices.
For Mac Users
You can drag and drop from your Android device to your BlackBerry Z10:
1. Connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your Mac.
2. Download BlackBerry Link when prompted. If you’re not prompted, download it from
3. When BlackBerry Link is installed, you should see two new icons on your desktop: Media and
4. Click on your Android device and drag and drop files into the Media and Removable_SDCARD folders
on your desktop.
** If you don’t see these folders, open Finder. Your BlackBerry 10 device will appear as IP address
169.254.X.X. Drag files from your Android device to the folders in IP address 169.254.X.X (which is what
your BlackBerry Z10 is called in Finder).
Transferring Media Card Files (Music, Pictures, and Videos)
You may be able to transfer files stored on a microSD card (media card) in your Android device to your
new BlackBerry Z10. Simply take it out of your phone and insert it into your BlackBerry Z10.
If you’re prompted to reformat your media card, first make sure to save the files on your media card to your
computer. Here’s how you do it:
1. Insert your media card into your Android device.
2. Save the items from your media card onto your computer by using iTunes, Windows Media Player,
Windows Explorer, or Finder on Mac.
3. Insert your media card into your BlackBerry Z10 and if prompted, reformat the media card.
4. If the media card had to be reformatted, download BlackBerry Link and connect your BlackBerry Z10
to your computer using a USB cable.
5. Open BlackBerry Link, add the media and documents that you had copied over to your computer from
your Android device, and then drag and drop content from the Desktop tab to the BlackBerry tab while
your BlackBerry Z10 is connected.
There you have it! If you have any questions on making the switch and transferring your information from an iPhone or Android, just drop a comment below and we will have someone assist you.