Not so surprising news this morning, but it appears as if T-Mobile has risen to the occasion as the first US carrier to fully offer and support BlackBerry BES 10 in the United States. Recently, we’ve posted on the strategic focus for BlackBerry shifting to a more sustainable business model; focusing more on the enterprise side of things. With a new CEO in tow for the past month, BlackBerry has taken the first step to secure BES 10 as one of the main proponents of US enterprise by partnering up with T-Mobile to host secure business solutions via a hosted mobility management solution that encompasses not only BlackBerry, but Apple and Android devices as well.
This move may be the first of many to ensure that BlackBerry remains a solid player in the US market for Enterprise, and certainly backs up all of the efforts put forth by BlackBerry to ensure consumers and business users alike know that BlackBerry is the Premier name in Enterprise solutions, period.
Here is a snippet of what T-Mobile has released regarding their backing of HMMS, or BES 10 as we like to call it:
Get cost-effective Hosted Mobility Management Services for legacy BlackBerry®, BB10, iOS and Android devices.
Your commitment to BlackBerry® has paid off for years, and with T-Mobile®, it can continue paying off in the future. Only T-Mobile offers the Hosted Mobility Management Service (HMMS) with BES10 in the cloud! It’s scalable and can help you transition to BB10, iOS and Android devices – on your timeline —no forklift required! Better still, we’ll handle this portion of the back end and support so your IT staff can focus their efforts on growing your business.
Transition from your legacy devices.
Migrate to the latest capable smartphones while potentially extending the life of your BES 5 investment
- Cloud-hosted BES10 Server. Rent only what you need with our scalable subscription model and you can redirect capital investment costs not being used to purchase excess capacity for other purposes.
- Server configuration, maintenance, and updates. T-Mobile’s HMMS offer will handle setup, installation, and maintenance of your BES10 server so you can focus on issues at the heart of your business.
- 24/7 support. T-Mobile can supplement or complement your IT department and take calls at practically any time.
- On-premises deployment if needed. T-Mobile can help your deploy on-premises solutions for government agencies and others prohibited from using cloud-hosted solutions.
- Save time, money, and resources with the help of T-Mobile HMMS BES Cloud Solution. You’ll get virtually end-to-end support for your OS needs, including iOS, AndroidTM, and new and legacy BlackBerry devices. Help free up your IT department to take care of the business that matters most.
To contact a rep about more information regarding acquiring a Hosted Mobility Management System for your business today, click here.