For all you folks that that have the app Power Tools from Toysoft Development installed on you BlackBerry 10 device we have some great news. Danny (the developer) has just informed us that his latest update to the app is now available in BlackBerry World. With this version you can now setup custom LED’s and ringtones for individual BBM contacts!! That’s right he has figured out a way for this long awaited feature to work on your BlackBerry 10 device.
Here’s all the new stuff in version 3.1
- Added Tile icon layout – You can switch between List or Tile view by selecting the icon on the main screen.
- Modified the Manage LED screen to include Apps, BBM and Messages.
- Finally LED for individual BBM Contacts – Set custom LED and Ringtones for any BBM Contact. Power Tools is the first and only LED application that supports BBM Contacts. To set up a BBM contact just follow these simple steps:
- When a BBM contact or Channel sends you a new message you will get a Hub notification.
- You then open the Hub message and follow the instructions.
- Once you have all the BBM contacts you want setup you can turn off the Hub notifications by going to the applications setting screen and just toggling the “Notify new BBM Contact” to the off position. You can also do this for new applications. If you decide later on to add another BBM contact just toggle the notifications back on and have them send you a message and follow the instructions.
- Added System Information screen – Here you can get information about the battery, hardware and CPU. The battery screen is now moved here. The CPU screen shows processor type, MIPSetc.. and the hardware screen shows detail information about the processor, CPU speed, memory etc..
- Added the settings screen and separated each into its own preference screen.
- Added disabling Geofencing in the general preferences – This is good if you do not want Geofencing to waste battery.
- Fixed the The Wave – Before you had to have the Flip and Hush features enabled.
- Fixed Repeat bug where it blinks on reset – If you continue to have this problem just delete the _reminder.dat file in the PowerTools folder in the Misc folder on the Device.
- Fixed the SMS and Email scheduler – It was not getting the phone number of SMS or Email and the CC field did not automatically populate.
As you can see Toysoft has been hard at work on this app making it a true MUST HAVE for your BlackBerry device.
I know there are a few other apps that have some of the features that Power Tools does and I have personally tried them all but they seem to have issus running in headless mode, well with Power Tools I don’t face any of those problems. This is by far the most stable headless app that I have on my device.
As always this update is FREE for folks that already have Power Tools installed, or for any of you that are ready to check this app out you can grab it in BlackBerry World now, it’s only $3.99 and trust me, well worth the money.