With a name like the BlackBerry PlayBook I really hope RIM will be making sure every sports coach is using a BlackBerry PlayBook. That theme follows its natural course with the release of PlayCreator by John Caruso for the PlayBook. The application essentially turns the PlayBook into a “sports whiteboard application for coaches and players to draw up plays and tactics.” In other words a multi-touch editable PlayBook. Every Coach’s dream and best friend.
The app automatically draws up plays when you drag the Xs and Os and has templates built in for Hockey, Basketball, Football, and Soccer along with a blank page for any other sport. It would be kind of funny if RIM included such an app with all the PlayBooks at launch though it has a limited audience. Either way if you happen to be a coach or player the PlayCreator app is relatively cheap at only $0.99 USD.
Features of PlayCreator include:
- Multi-colored Marker for circling and identifying areas or players in a play
- Straight and Free-Form Arrow tool for showing direction
- Sport appropriate Balls
- Pylons for drawing up training exercises
- 9 Different Scenes for 4 sports (Half and Full field backgrounds for Hockey, Basketball, Football and Soccer, as well as a blank scene). More sports coming soon…
- Eraser tool for clearing only specific objects (marker only, arrows only, objects only or clear all)
- Move tool for moving objects or arrows around in an already drawn play
- Full Undo and Redo of all actions
- Lock tool so the scene can be touched with a finger without moving or drawing on the existing play