Great news to all BlackBerry Messenger users as version 18.104.22.168 is rolling out to users, if it does not show now, be patient.
Here are some other great features you’ll love in BBM 7:
- Multi-tasking with Split-screen feature – Customers can do more while they talk, such as check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps while engaged on a BBM Voice call. They can start a call in an instant, and switch between texting and talking, or text and talk at the same time. They can also for example, send a picture to a contact while they are talking with them.
- Clear Visual Indicator – Customers can see when contacts are available for a voice call.
- Convenient Compatibility with Accessories – Customers can use their favorite accessories, such as a Bluetooth® or wired headset, or use the BlackBerry smartphone’s speakerphone.
- 16 New Emoticons – Available in the final software released today, customers will see a slate of new emoticons offer them fresh, fun ways to express themselves in text chats.
- Direct BBM Update Notification – BBM will now notify a customer when there is an update from within the app, and allow them to download it immediately from inside the app.
- Simple BlackBerry ID Synchronization – A customer’s BBM profile, Groups and Contacts are now linked to their BBID for easy backup and restore. The data will also carry over when they move to BlackBerry 10.
BBM 7 with BBM Voice is now available for all BlackBerry smartphones running the BlackBerry 6 OS or higher. BBM Voice will also be available for BlackBerry OS 5 early next year. BBM Contacts must also be on BBM 7.0 and connected to Wi-Fi to have a BBM Voice chat.
A lot of guys who have been testing it out in Beta Zone since November approve of it. Audio quality is great, its convenient and if you thought BBM doesn’t get any better well there it is.
Get update via App World.