For any of that are looking for something to play with this weekend BerryLeaks has just released OS version 10.2.0.1809 for every BlackBerry 10 device. This isn’t the 10.2.1.xxxx series we all love but for those of you that are still on 10.2.0.xxxx it’s the latest version to play with. As always these are full autoloaders so load these just like you have in the past.
Here are all the links:
- Download OS 10.2.0.1809 for the Z10 STL100-1 through MEGA here.
- Download OS 10.2.0.1809 for the Z10 STL100-2, 3, and 4 through MEGA here.
- Download OS 10.2.0.1809 for the Q5 and Q10 through MEGA here.
- Download OS 10.2.0.1809 for the Z30 through MEGA here.
Now since this wasn’t much of an update the BerryLeaks team didn’t put this through the hard core testing they normally do but here is what’s new.
- Bug fixes (probably)
Updated bars (compared to 10.2.0.1803):
- sys.data.carrier_data-10.2.0.470 (10.2.0.454)
- sys.data.quip.authtokens-10.2.0.967 (10.2.0.882)
- sys.settings-10.2.0.7886 (10.2.0.7860)
- Unknown, likely similar to 10.2.0.1803
Here’s how you update your BlackBerry 10 device with this leaked OS.
- Backup your BlackBerry 10 device with BlackBerry Link (the autoloader will wipe your device).
- Close BlackBerry Link.
- Download autoloader OS.
- Turn off the device.
- Run autoloader.exe (windows Vista 7 and 8 run as admin).
- When “connecting to Bootrom” appears on system connect your BlackBerry 10 to PC and turn on device.
- Wait for process to finish and phone to reboot.
- The update will wipe your device, so you can either restore all the info from your backup through BlackBerry Link or just start fresh if you want.
As always make sure to backup your device before updating to the newest release just to be safe. Also remember BlackBerry Empire is not responsible for anything that may go wrong during the update process.