Today we have leaked OS 10.1.0.4561 for the BlackBerry Z10, Q10, and Q5 thanks to Mecca EL over in the CB Forums. Seems like these leaks are coming every few days which is great but I’m really hoping we will see a nice, stable 10.2 leak soon. Don’t get me wrong I definitely appreciate the leaks but I’m ready to play with some new features.
Here’s the links.
- Download OS 10.1.0.4561 for the BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1 here.
- Download OS 10.1.0.4561 for the BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2, STL100-3, and STL100-4 here.
- Download OS 10.1.0.4561 for the BlackBerry Q10 and Q5 here.
For any of you that are unsure how to update your BlackBerry 10 device here’s how.
- Backup your BlackBerry 10 device with BlackBerry Link.
- Close BlackBerry Link.
- Download autoloader OS.
- Turn off the device.
- Run autoloader.exe (windows Vista 7 and 8 run as admin).
- When “connecting to Bootrom” appears on system connect your BlackBerry 10 to PC and turn on device.
- Wait for process to finish and phone to reboot.
- The update will wipe your device, so you can either restore all the info from your backup through BlackBerry Link or just start fresh if you want.
As always make sure to backup your device before updating to the newest release just to be safe. Also remember BlackBerry Empire is not responsible for anything that may go wrong during the update process.
Source: CB Forum