“We have been receiving so many calls since morning from customers who had pre-booked the device by
paying Dh200. But we have not received any stocks yet. We are still not sure when we would get supplies. We are only promising the customers to call back in a couple of days,” said one customer care executive.
One user in Dubai:
Overwhelming response to #blackberry10 in UAE!!!! Long queues in Axiom outlets to take delivery today.
— Sandeep (@sa4877) February 10, 2013
It seems like every launch has been a great success and it is only going to get better with several countries still rolling out BlackBerry 10.
10 February, 2013 du launches the BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry 10
Dubai, UAE: du has announced the launch of the new BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry® 10 in the UAE. The new BlackBerry Z10 is the first smartphone based on the re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform, giving customers a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience. The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is the fastest and most advanced BlackBerry smartphone yet, and offers customers a smarter experience that continuously adapts to their needs.
Starting February 11, 2013, du customers (Elite, Elite Super, Emirati and Pay as You Go) can avail the Easy Payment Plan* and choose installment payments at 0% interest for AED255 a month for a period of 12 months, including a 1GB of data per month discounted at 60% worth AED739.
In addition to the Easy Payment Plan, customers can enjoy the Early Advantage offer for individuals with any of Elite, Elite Super, Emirati or Pay as You Go® plans, and enjoy additional complementary data! Offer valid until 30 April only, as per the following:
• Elite, Elite Super and Emirati Plans customers will receive 4GB of data for free per month for 3 months, worth AED600
• Pay as You Go® customers get 4GB of free data for 90 days, worth AED200
In addition to the previously mentioned offers, customers can enjoy the following offer, upon paying full price for the new BlackBerry Z10:
• Benefit from Introductory Offer with 100MB free on the BlackBerry National service for 6 months – worth AED300
Any Business Postpaid Plan customer – using the Business Super Plan or the Premier Plan – can now experience the new BlackBerry Z10 at zero upfront cost and featuring attractive bundled data and other benefits.
For more information on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone and du’s offers, please visit du.ae/blackberry10, or www.blackberry.com/BlackBerry10.
Individual customers can also subscribe to any of du’s existing BlackBerry packages starting from AED50.
Farid Faraidooni, Chief Commercial Officer, du, said: “We are pleased to launch the all-new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, which comes with a striking design, user friendly interface, and state-of-the-art features with attractive prices and a not-to-be-missed bundled data package.”
“The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone delivers a powerful new platform for BlackBerry customers. Combined with network and service plans from du, BlackBerry Z10 customers will be delighted with a re-invented communication experience, seamless multitasking, easy access to multiple social networks, and the peace of mind that BlackBerry security gives them,” said Carlo Chiarello, EVP, Global Smartphone Business at RIM.
* Only customers with credit cards from Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Emirates NBD, Mashreq Bank, or National Bank of Abu Dhabi can currently enjoy this Easy Payment Plan. This offer is only available at du Shops.
With BlackBerry 10, every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep customers moving. The phone includes advancements such as:
• Peek and Flow into the BlackBerry Hub - A new mobile computing paradigm where what matters to customers is only one swipe away
• Keyboard - Understands and adapts to customers, so they can type faster and more accurately
• BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger) - Allows customers to share things with the people that matter to them in an instant
• BlackBerry® Balance™ technology – Protects what is important to customers and the businesses they work for
BlackBerry, RIM, Research In Motion and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited. RIM is not responsible for any third party products or services.