Manila, The Philippines – BlackBerry® (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced the new BlackBerry® Q10 smartphone, the first BlackBerry® 10 smartphone to feature a classic BlackBerry QWERTY Keyboard, is expected to be available
in the Philippines starting from 7th June. The new BlackBerry Q10 smartphone will be available from authorized carriers and retailers in the Philippines. For information on pricing, promotions and availability, please check with your carrier or retailer.
Available in two colours, Black and White, the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone combines the power of the BlackBerry 10 platform with a large, re-engineered physical keyboard and stunning touchscreen display – the largest ever on a BlackBerry QWERTY smartphone.
Cameron Vernest, Country Director for the Philippines at BlackBerry said:
“We are excited to be working with our partners to bring the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone with QWERTY keyboard to customers in the Philippines. The BlackBerry Q10 smartphone offers premium performance, set in BlackBerry’s signature keyboard design, that lets customers take instant action and stay connected to their work and personal networks throughout the day.”
Meticulous attention has been paid to every detail of the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone’s design, from its beautiful and distinctive form to its elegant and ergonomic QWERTY keyboard, which features a wider layout and larger sculpted keys. With the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone’s advanced hardware, communications and multimedia features, along with long battery life, you can confidently stay ahead and take action all day long.
The re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform offers you a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience that continuously adapts to your needs. Every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep you moving forward towards your goal, and includes advancements such as:
- The ever present BlackBerry® Hub, which brings all your conversations together in one easy to manage place that you can access at any time from any app with a simple “peek”, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you.
- BlackBerry® Balance™ technology, which elegantly separates and secures work applications and data from personal content, protecting what’s important to you and the business you work for.
- BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), which lets you share things with the people that matter to you in an instant. BBM on BlackBerry 10 smartphones includes voice calling and video chat, and lets you share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 smartphone contact.
- BlackBerry® Remember, which helps you tackle tasks quickly with a new way to collect, organize and action all the information sitting in different places across your smartphone.
Philippine Media Launch Held
In line with the Q10 Launch for the Philippine Market, BlackBerry held a Media Briefing at the New World Hotel, Makati City, Philippines. BlackBerry Empire was there to witness the media launch.
BlackBerry’s Senior Business Manager Christian Salvo started the media launch with a couple of interesting announcements.
- Availability of BlackBerry 10.1 OS Update which users can now download. Several enhancements are included in the update, including Skype for BlackBerry 10
- Opening of BlackBerry Expert Service Centers in the country, for after-sales support for BlackBerry customers. Two centers are now open – at JAKA Center in Makati City, and NCCC Mall in Davao City. Soon to open will be the Cebu City center.
Following the brief announcements, Christian formally announced the newest addition to the BlackBerry family of handsets in the Philippines — the BlackBerry Q10.
BlackBerry’s Daniel Do introduced the technical specifications of the powerful Q10, and gave the media a live demonstration shortly thereafter. In the images shown below, Daniel also proudly showed us all the white Q10 which will also be made available for the Philippine market.
Following a brief Q&A, attendees were asked to form triads. Each team was then handed a Q10 to provide a more hands-on experience. Teams then competed by performing specific tasks on the Q10 unit assigned.
Below is the photo of the winning team for the Team contest.
Capping the media launch, a Q10 unit was raffled-off. The lucky winner (second from left) poses below together with BlackBerry’s Christian Salvo, Daniel Do, and celebrity host Ramon Bautista.
The Q10 will be available in the Philippines on June 7, at a recommended retail price of PhP31,990.
For more information on the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone, you may visit ph.blackberry.com/BlackBerryQ10.